Closely situated within the Trans-Himalayan region, Ladakh is one of the topmost destinations for nature lovers and adventure spirits. For years, travelers from all across the globe have been fascinated to this stunning landscape for exploring what all it has in store for them. Besides its natural treasures, Ladakh is also reckoned for being home to many Tibetan Buddhists.
Trekking in Ladakh would leave you with vivid and phenomenal experiences. But for a successful trekking expedition, it’s always better to plan beforehand. If you have been to any such high altitude mountain earlier, you definitely must be aware of the weather conditions. But for novice trekkers, you need to plan your trip in a good way and here’s how you can do it:
- It is advisable to stay at Leh for the first two days of your Ladakh trekking expedition in order to get familiar with the high altitude conditions. As there are high chances for you to get Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS), make sure that you are in the best of your physical state while undertaking a trekking expedition.
- As Leh is a low atmospheric region, take 24-36 hours of rest when you reach there. Increase your altitude gradually and take rests at various points of the expedition. For people with heart issues like blood pressure and asthma, it is strictly recommended not to go for Ladakh trekking tours.
- Drinking lots of water is advisable in order to avoid dehydration, however make sure you don’t overdo it. Dehydration is not always necessary to cause AMS.
- Carry warm clothes with you and keep your head covered. And yes, it is necessary that the warm clothes you are wearing are not just warm, but comfortable as well. Keeping safety in mind, control your excitement level and don’t start exploring new routes without any experienced trekker.
- Higher the altitudes you reach, lower is the level of oxygen. This can led to shortness of breath, dizziness, headache and nausea, immediately descend down in case you are at a high level. You can carry medicines for such sickness after consulting a professional medical expert.
Loves writing, reading, watching movies and hanging out with friends every now and then. My passion for writing has led me take Content Writing and Blogging as a profession.